Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Senior Developer/Development Lead to join the team that is building search capabilities into our Dayforce product. The Development Lead has an opportunity to lead a team of developers and work on a high visibility and high impact product – you will change the way millions of customers globally interact with our product on a day-to-day basis across 150+ countries. The ideal candidate has strong technical skills, dev ops skills, and a desire to keep up to date with advances in big data technologies.
Your impact will be evident through your effective participation in the entire lifecycle of our software including design, analysis, prototyping, development, testing and support of our products. You will work closely and collaborate with clients, prospects, implementation partners, and Dayforce personnel to envision and deliver the required functionality.
What you’ll get to do
- Drive the design and implementation of highly scalable and available innovative solutions that include building a new search service, federating data, developing and consuming APIs, and implementing a search user interface
- Drive the design, implementation, and continuous improvement of the search service
- Lead a team of Test Engineers and Developers through the software development process
- Keep team members motivated and engaged while maintaining a positive team environment
- Foster collaboration and communication within the team
- Work with Product Management to understand and refine requirements for the team
- Mentor other developers using your experience with full stack development and search
- Help your team adopt new standards and best practices
- Analyze, design, prototype, program, test and support– the complete software lifecycle in your hands!
- Take an active role in critical architecture design, advise and influence on strategic technical directions
- Creating working proof-of-concepts; Recommend new technologies to ensure solution scalability, maintainability and quality
- Participate in Product discussions to advise on and influence the Product Roadmap
- Contribute to the engineering process and culture, grow with and influence the team
- If you are a technology enthusiast, have passion for creating great software, want to see your creation utilized by millions of people all over the world, and possess one or more of the following qualifications, we want to talk to you
What’s in it for you
- Develop deep technical expertise and gain valuable business/industry related experience
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you’re living: volunteer days, Ceridian sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.